Sunday, June 28, 2015

Do not try to file your form I-539 H4 COS electronically!

http://peerallylaw.comUSCIS has announced since June 16, 2015 that it has discontinued the electronic filing of the form I-539.  As such those who are planning to file electronically especially for change of status to H4 visa, please do it manually by printing the form and sending it to the the USCIS.  Note that in order for someone to change status, that person has to have maintained status.  This means if you are moving for example from H1B status to H4 status, make sure you prove that you maintained H1B status by providing pay check stubs, etc.  We recommend in case, your employer was keeping you on the bench while on H1B, you contact our office at (510) 742 5887 to assist you in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment