- Applying for the H4 EAD without even being on H4 visa. The H4 EAD can only be applied if you are actually on H4 visa status or are concurrently changing status to an H4 visa. Make sure you do not apply while you are on some other sort of visa. Also the H4 EAD is not a status. It is just a work permit. The status is the H4 visa status.
- Filing too many forms or no correctly filling the I-765 form. Many are confused on the forms especially because USCIS tends to give too much information on the instructions. Filing the forms properly is essential to a quick and hassle free approval.
- Sending the H4 application to the wrong address can result in delay or even rejections.
- Sending the wrong amount of filing fees. Some people are adding a fingerprint fee. The I-765 H4 EAD does not require a fingerprint fee.
- Not extending the H4 visa status before filing for the EAD. Since the EAD is attached to the status of the H4 visa, make sure you are extending the visa concurrently or wait for the extension before filing the form I-765. Otherwise you might get a very short time EAD.
Sunday, August 2, 2015
5 Mistakes and Misconceptions when applying for the H4 EAD.
The H4 EAD is going on full blown with thousands of applications per month. Yet many are still wondering how to apply and by trying to file on their own, are committing certain mistakes because of the misconceptions attached to the H4 EAD applications. Below of them:
The above are just few mistakes we are seeing applicants commit. We encourage the applicants to hire professional help to file for the H4 EAD. Our law firm has already successfully filed hundreds of H4 EAD and so far we have had no RFEs or denials. Call us at 510 742 5887, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.