Sunday, November 8, 2015

H4 EAD - to work or not to work!

Unlike the H1B or the OPT EAD, the person who has actually obtained an H4 EAD (work permit) is not required to work if they do not want to do so.  Many are worried that because they are not using their EADs, the work authorization card is invalidated after some time just like the OPT EAD. Nothing is further from the truth. A person who has has an H4 EAD can elect to work or not to work, and the person can work full time or part time.  The H4 EAD holders can work work multiple places and does not have to report to the USCIS where they work. However, the H4 visa holders have to still inform the USCIS in case they are changing their addresses.

If you need assistance in applying or deciding on your H4 EAD, please feel free to call us at 510 742 5887.

No comments:

Post a Comment